Here are my five pledges to support climate action in 2019:
- I will not renew the contract for our family car
- I will stop flying for vacation, and minimize air travel for business
- I will avoid using single-use plastic items
- I will buy fair-trade and carbon-neutral wherever possible
- I will go back to a vegetarian life once I have reached my target weight
What do you plan to do?
Over the last five days I had the honor and pleasure to be able to support the Fridays for Future summer congress #SoKoFuture in Dortmund as a volunteer.
And was I in for a treat!
I have never seen so many people being so kind to each other, working all day diligently and earnestly on the most pressing issues of our time, and coming up with ideas on how to save our planet – people, especially politicians, who belittle these efforts should be ashamed.
The center-right paper “Die Welt” called the congress the Political Woodstock – I think that’s quite a fitting description.
After spending this time with all these young people I know for sure that a different world will be possible.
The Fridays deserve our full support!